Semolina or Rava cake is a typical bakery-style cake from India. This cake is made from semolina/Rava batter combined with flour and other basic baking ingredients, prepared in a pan and typically cut into squares. The recipe given below delivers a soft, dense, and aroma-filled simple cake that can be prepared in an oven, pan, or in a pressure cooker. This bakery-style semolina cake is a perfect snack for tea time or as a mild dessert for any party.
- 1½ cup Rava, semolina/sooji
- ½ cup Wheat flour
- ½ cup Granulated sugar
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- ½ cup Curd, yogurt
- 1 cup Warm milk
- ¼ cup Vegetable oil
- 1½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- 2 Egg
- ½ tsp Vanilla essence, optional
- Salt, a pinch
- 1 tsp Pistachios, crushed
To Prepare Semolina/Rava Cake
- At first, in a blender grind semolina, granulated sugar, cardamom powder, and salt into a coarse powder
- Now add curd with the above mixture without forming any lumps and keep it aside for at least 15 to 20 minutes
- In a bowl whisk eggs, milk, and oil to prepare wet ingredients
- Now add the wet ingredients to the semolina curd mixture and combine everything together
- Gradually add the sieved wheat flour, baking soda, and baking powder to the above mix by using the cut and fold method
- Now pour the prepared cake batter into the greased cake tin and bake it in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 30 minutes or until the top of the cake turns golden brown in color
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool down for at least 15 minutes
- Now slice the semolina cake and garnish with pistachios
- Serve it with a hot cup of tea or coffee
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 piece
Amount Per Serving Calories 409Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 69mgSodium 323mgCarbohydrates 61gFiber 2gSugar 19gProtein 12g
Disclaimer: Nutrition information comes from third-party apps and calculators. The information is purely an estimate and provided for information purposes only. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Frequently asked questions
Rava or semolina combined along with milk, sugar, butter, egg, and other similar ingredients baked at a certain high temperature is called Rava or Semolina Cake.
For eggless version of this cake, replace ¼ cup of yogurt for each egg.
Enjoy the recipe and let us know how it turned out for you!
If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them in the comment section below and we will try to answer them as soon as possible.