Bread chili is a simple, tasty, and flavorful snack dish adapted from other Indo-Chinese chili recipes. This dish is prepared in different ways according to individual taste and their preferences. Bread chili/chilli is 30 minutes quick snack dish that requires a few ingredients like Indian masala and herbs that are available at home. This dish is perfect for a kid's lunch boxes, evening snacks, or even breakfast.
There are varieties of snack recipes that can be made with bread. Each recipe has a unique taste and flavor according to the ingredients used and the way it has been prepared. Some of such snacks recipes are,
Upma with bread
Chicken roll with bread
Masala toast bread
There are other bread snack recipes from international cuisines like bread French toast, bread pudding, bread sandwich snack, cheesy bread, Italian snack bread, and so on. Bread snack recipes are loved by kids, adults and it takes only a few minutes to make a perfect flavorful twist to taste buds.
YouTube Video With Step-By-Step Instructions
I have also shared video instructions for Instant Bread Chilli Recipe below. And I believe these quick and easy steps will help you to make/prepare the dish at home. Also, you could find Bread Chili Recipe in story format for a quick reference.
About this bread chili recipe
This bread Chilli/chili recipe is made by tossing the bread and sautéing them with onion, capsicum, ginger, garlic, and with a few masala and sauces. This dish is filled with flavors and the crunchiness of the toasted pieces of bread makes it a perfect hit.
Tossing the bread pieces in medium heat until it turns crisp on both sides is the key to perfect bread chili. Mixing the toasted bread in the masala and sauces thoroughly gives the best flavor to the dish.
- 7 slices White Bread, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup Oil, +1 tbsp
- ¼ cup Onion
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup Capsicum, chopped
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Chili sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
To Prepare Bread Chili
- In a pan with medium heat, pour 1 tbsp of oil and toss the cubed bread pieces
- Toast until it turns crisp on both sides. Remove the bread pieces and reserve for later use
- In the same pan add ¼ cup of oil and add ginger-garlic and saute until it turns fragrant
- Add onion and saute until it turns soft
- Add capsicum, tomato, and saute for 1 minute
- Add chili and garam masala powder and mix them well
- Add chili sauce, salt, and soy sauce and give a quick stir
- Add the toasted bread pieces and give a nice toss to combine everything well
- Garnish with coriander leaves and switch off the stove
- Serve the delicious bread chili with ketchup or enjoy as it is
- Toss the bread pieces until it turns crisp on both the sides to get the best results of the dish
- For perfect crunchy bread chili, use only white bread or sandwich bread
- Adding masala and sauces gives great Indo Chinese flavor to the dish
- Serve the dish immediately to avoid sogging of bread pieces
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 267Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1479mgCarbohydrates 43gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 4gSugar 7gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 8g
Disclaimer: Nutrition information comes from third-party apps and calculators. The information is purely an estimate and provided for information purposes only. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Enjoy the recipe and let us know your feedback in the comment section below !
More recipe: Pineapple Banana Smoothie