Salmon fish tandoori is a seafood starter prepared by roasting the fish marinated in yogurt and tandoori masala, a spice blend in a tandoor, a cylindrical clay oven. The dish is originated from the Indian subcontinent and is popular in many other parts of the world. And it is usually served for lunch and dinner.
This recipe is an adaptation of traditional tandoori in which the fish is prepared in a convection oven instead of an authentic tandoor. The dish is spicy, juicy, and moist with the blend of tandoori masala and zesty lemon juice smeared evenly on the salmon fish and then baked at a perfect temperature. This dish is one of the crowd-pleasing and tempting food that can be served as a side dish with jasmine/jeera/biryani rice or just as a starter.
More Salmon Recipes:
If you are looking for more seafood recipes from fish to prawn and from side dishes to main dishes, you can take a look at this collection of Indian Seafood Recipes from this blog in one place. Take a peek!
- 3 pieces Salmon
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Tandoori powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt, as needed
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 2 tsp Oil
To Marinate Salmon Fish Tandoori
- In a bowl mix chili, coriander, turmeric, and tandoori powder, salt, oil, and lemon juice to prepare the marinade
- Smear the above marinade on the salmon pieces and keep it aside for 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place the marinated fish pieces on a greased aluminum foil covered pan and bake the fish for 20 to 25 minutes
- Now switch the baking mode to broil and cook the fish for another 2 to 3 minutes
- Switch off the oven and remove the fish
- Serve the warm salmon fish tandoori with jasmine/jeera/biryani rice or just as a starter
Frequently asked questions
Chicken or any meat marinated in tandoori masala along with yogurt and then cooked in a hot clay oven is called Tandoori.
High fatty fishes like salmon, Tuna, Tilapia, Halibut are some of the fishes that taste best for tandoori.
Enjoy the recipe and let us know how it turned out for you!
If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them in the comment section below and we will try to answer them as soon as possible.