Garlic Butter Baked Salmon is a flaky, juicy, and succulent Italian dish. It is prepared with fresh Salmon fillets and the rich Garlic Butter Sauce. The recipe I have shared here shows how to make the best Garlic Butter oven Baked Salmon with easy step-by-step instructions for you to try at home. I have also shared a detailed video of this recipe to make the process simple and clear. This Garlic Butter Salmon is a perfect seafood dish to serve for lunch and dinner along with Asparagus and the best part is it comes together in under 30 minutes!
What is Garlic Butter Baked Salmon?
Garlic Butter Baked Salmon is one of the easiest ways to cook a juicy and fork-tender Salmon. It is prepared with fresh Salmon fillets and incredibly aromatic garlic butter sauce. More importantly, the whole dish comes out freshly baked from the oven in under 30 minutes.
Since I had my garlic butter sauce handy, it took only 15 minutes to make this dish. You can also make a complete meal by adding your favorite veggies to the same pan. Even though the pan-fried salmons give a crispier exterior, this Baked Salmon gives a super juicy interior and crispy exterior with simple tricks.
More Salmon Recipes:
The ingredients that you will need to make this Baked Salmon are simple and it should be easily available in most of the grocery stores around.
- Salmon Fillets - I have used fresh Salmon fillets here with skin and you can also use skinless fillets
- Garlic Butter Sauce - This sauce gives the richness and deliciousness to this dish
- Lemon Slices - To top on the individual fish fillets
- Asparagus - You can also use your favorite veggies like potato, brocolli or other similar vegetables
- Foil - Cover the baking sheet pan with foil for a easy clean up
How to Make Garlic Butter Salmon?
This Salmon recipe shared here delivers rich, tender, and crispy-out fillets. Following are the high-level instructions of this recipe and for detailed step-by-step instructions with photos and video please check out the recipe card below.
- Make Garlic Butter Sauce - I have shared a detail recipe post to prepare this sauce that tastes great for seafood, pasta, chicken and steak. So you can check here for the detalied Garlic Butter Sauce Recipe. I have also have recipe for Garlic Butter that can be used in different dishes.
- Pour Sauce on Salmon - Now in a oil greased foil baking sheet, place the salmon fillets and generously brush the garlic butter sauce over them
- Add Favorite Veggies - I have used asparagus here, you can use favorite veggies like potatoes, brocolli and similar others. Make sure to pour the sauce over the veggies as well
- Bake - Now bake the salmon in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes at 350 degree Farenheit
- Broil - You can also broil the fish on high for 2 minutes for a crispy charred exterior
- Remove and Serve - Now the juicy and fork tender Garlic Butter Salmon is ready to taste and enjoy
How long to Bake Salmon?
I have baked the Salmon in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for about 10 to 12 minutes. You can also broil it for 2 minutes on high at last for a more charred exterior.
For preheated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, you can bake the salmon for 8 to 10 minutes. And the baking time may vary depending upon the thickness of the fillets. You can also cook the salmon on the stovetop by frying them for 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Garlic Butter Sauce - It is the main ingredient that enhances the taste of the Salmon and I have used it generously to achieve the same. You can also use white wine (optional) for an unique flavor while making the sauce
- Veggies - Adding veggies of your choice makes an one pan wholesome meal for lunch or dinner. I have used asparagus here, you can ue brocolli, potatoed and similar others
- Baking Temperature - Salmon usually cooks in 10 to 12 minutes in preheated oven at 350 degrees Farenheit. And around 8 to 10 minutes at preheated oven at 400 degrees Farenheit
- Stove Top - You can also cook the Salmon on stove top by frying the fillets for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until it turns pale pink in color
This Baked Salmon tastes great when served warm immediately but you can also store them in an air-tight container for up to 2 days.
This Garlic Butter Baked Salmon is a one-pan wholesome meal with Oven Roasted Asparagus, Roasted Broccoli, Roasted Cauliflower, so you can enjoy them as it is. But you can also combine this dish with brown, white rice, or any of your favorite dishes or veggies to make a delicious meal.
Please find similar recipes below and more at Seafood Recipes.
Recipes with Garlic Butter Sauce
Garlic Butter Baked Salmon Recipe video
I have also shared a detailed video of this Garlic Butter Baked Salmon recipe below the I hope it will help you to make flaky and juicy seafood at home easily. For a quick reference, you could also find this recipe in story format.
- 3 Salmon Fillets
- ¼ cup Garlic Butter Sauce
- 1 bunch Asparagus
- 3 slice Lemon
To Make Garlic Butter Sauce
- I have shared a detailed recipe for this sauce in my earlier post, you could find the full recipe here at Garlic Butter Sauce and it can be used for seafood, pasta, chicken, and steak
To Make Garlic Butter Baked Salmon
- On a plate, add the asparagus and pour some garlic butter sauce and mix them well. Reserve it for later use
- In an oil greased baking sheet covered with foil, place the Salmon fillets one by one. Add a generous amount of garlic butter sauce over the fish and brush them evenly. Make sure to keep lemon slices on each fillet
- Now add the asparagus to the foil sheet and it is ready to bake with Salmon
- Now bake the Salmon and veggie in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to 12 minutes
- Remove the Baked Salmon and veggies from the oven and it is ready to taste and enjoy
- Serve this Garlic Butter Baked Salmon as it is or with your favorite sides
- Garlic Butter Sauce - It is the main ingredient used here to enhance the taste of Baked Salmon and I have used it generously to achieve the same. You can also use white wine (optional) for a unique flavor
- Veggies - Adding veggies of your choice makes a one-pan wholesome meal for lunch or dinner. I have used asparagus here, you can use broccoli, potatoes, and similar others
- Baking Temperature - Salmon usually cooks in 10 to 12 minutes in preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. And around 8 to 10 minutes at preheated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Stove Top - You can also cook the Salmon on the stovetop by frying the fillets for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until it turns pale pink
- Serve - Serve this delicious Italian seafood dish as it is or with favorite rice dishes
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 595Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 179mgSodium: 248mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 51g
Disclaimer: Nutrition information comes from third-party apps and calculators. The information is purely an estimate and provided for information purposes only. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Garlic Butter Baked Salmon is a juicy, tender and flaky seafood dish loaded with flavors of Garlic butter sauce. It is one of the best and easy-to-make Salmon recipes and comes together as a meal with veggies in under 30 minutes with restaurant-style quality.
Salmon can be baked in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 to 12 minutes. You could broil the Salmon fillets on high for the last 2 minutes for a more charred exterior.
Yes, you can but I have already added lemon juice in garlic butter sauce and topped lemon slices over salmon before baking. So this gives the complete zesty taste to this Baked Salmon.
Salmon can be baked in foil similar to the recipe shared here in this post. And I recommend baking it for 15 to 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit temperature.
Yes, Salmon is loaded with omega 3 fatty acids, a good source of protein that keeps you full for long. But the recipe shared here has a generous amount of butter, so I recommend using olive oil instead for a healthy weight loss meal.
The Baked Salmon without Butter typically has calories of 200. But the recipe shared here contains 595 calories as I have added garlic butter sauce and asparagus. The numbers are usually an estimation calculated by a nutritional calculator. You could also find the detailed nutritional value in the recipe card above.
I hope you enjoyed the recipe that I have shared here and I would love to hear from you on how it turned out for you. Please let me know.
If you have any other questions, feel free to post them in the comment section below and I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.