Garlic Butter is a rich, creamy, and flavorful dip loaded with the freshness of garlic and Italian herbs. It is usually prepared with room temperature butter, garlic, and fresh herbs. The recipe I have shared here shows how to make Garlic Butter with easy step-by-step instructions for you to try and enjoy at home.
I have also shared a detailed video of this recipe to make the cooking process simple and clear. This Homemade Garlic Butter is one of the perfect dishes to flavor up your pasta, chicken, seafood, or steak.
What is Garlic Butter?
Garlic Butter is a super-rich and creamy dip usually made with butter, freshly chopped garlic, and Italian herbs. It is one of the basic and easy-to-make dishes that goes well on most of the dishes.
This homemade dip can be used as a spread, roast vegetables, flavor up pasta, chicken, seafood, and much more. This recipe I have shared here needs only under 10 minutes to make and delivers a rich, creamier, and flavorful dip. And the best part is it stays good in the refrigerator for a week and months in the freezer.
The ingredients you will need to make this Homemade Garlic Butter are kitchen staples that you might already have in your pantry. And it should also be easily available in most supermarkets around. So lets see what are they below.
- Butter - I have used unsalted butter here but you can also use salted. But make sure to skip salt if you are using salted butter
- Garlic -Fresh garlic gives nice aroma and taste to your dip but you can feel free to use garlic powder or garlic salt instead
- Parsley - I have used only dried parsley for this recipe but if you have fresh parsley at home then feel free to use them
- Rosemary - Delivers super flavor, and aroma to this dip. But you can always feel free to choose your favorite herbs according preferences
- Mixed Italian Herbs - This is an optional ingredient, you can either use or skip it. But adding these herbs enhances the taste and flavor of the dip
How to make Garlic Butter?
The recipe I have shared here is a Homemade Garlic Butter that can be used as a spread for bread or to infuse flavors in your pasta, seafood, chicken, or steak. And the good thing is it takes only under 10 minutes to make this dip.
Following are the high-level instructions to make this recipe but for detailed step-by-step instructions with photo and video, please check out the recipe card below.
- Chop the Garlic - Peel the fresh garlic cloves and finely chop them and reserve it for later use
- Cream the Butter - In a bowl, add the room temperature butter and mix well with a fork. You can also whisk or beat the butter using electric beater for creamier texture
- Add all the Ingredients - Now add in the garlic, parsley, Italian mixed herbs, salt and mix well to combine
- Serve - Now the delicios dip is ready for you to use in your recipes. You can use it as a spread over a bread or to flavor up your pasta, steak, shrimp, fish, or chicken
- For Ceamier Texture - Always make sure to bring the butter to room temperature which helps to incorporate other ingredients well. This also delivers a creamier texture
- Fresh Ingredients - Using fresh garlic and herbs gives nice aroma and flavor to your dip, so feel free to add if you have fresh ingredients while making this dip
- Beating method - I have used fork and spatula to mix the butter and other ingredients, but for more creamier texture, you can also use electric beater to fluff up the butter
- Serving - This creamy dip tatses great as a spread over bread, to make garlic bread, on steak, chicken, seafood or pasta.
You can store this dip in the refrigerator for up to a week and for months in the freezer. Make sure to store them in ice cube trays or individual portions while planing to freeze them.
This creamy and flavorful dip can be served over bread, or to flavor up your steak, chicken, seafood, or pasta. You can also use it to flavor up your roasted green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, or asparagus.
- Samosa Dipping Sauce
- Tamarind Sauce
- Tomato Chutney
- Garlic Butter Sauce
- Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- Bechamel Sauce (White Sauce)
- Szechuan Sauce
More Garlic & Butter Recipes
- Ginger Garlic Paste
- Garlic Butter Baked Salmon
- Garlic Butter Chicken
- Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta
Garlic Butter Recipe video
I have also shared a detailed video of this Garlic Butter Recipe below that I hope will help you to make a delicious dip at home. And you could also find this recipe in story format.
- 500 gms Butter, unsalted
- 6 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Parsely
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tsp Mixed Italian Herbs
- Salt, as needed
To make Garlic Butter
- Peel the fresh garlic cloves and finely chop them and reserve them for later use
- In a bowl, add the room temperature butter, and mix well with a fork. You can also whisk or beat the butter using an electric beater for a creamier texture
- Now add in the garlic, parsley, Italian mixed herbs, salt and mix well to combine
- Now the delicious dip is ready for you to use in your recipes
- For Creamier Texture - Always make sure to bring the butter to room temperature which helps to incorporate other ingredients well. This also delivers a creamier texture
- Fresh Ingredients - Using fresh garlic and herbs gives a nice aroma and flavor to your dip, so feel free to add if you have fresh ingredients while making this dip. You can also use roasted garlic to this dip
- Beating method - I have used a fork and spatula to mix the butter and other ingredients, but for a creamier texture, you can also use an electric beater to fluff up the butter
- Serving - This creamy dip tastes great as a spread-over bread, to make garlic bread, on steak, chicken, seafood, or pasta
More Dips Recipes
Serving Size:1 tbsp
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 20mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Disclaimer: Nutrition information comes from third-party apps and calculators. The information is purely an estimate and provided for information purposes only. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Garlic Butter is a rich, creamy, and easy-to-make Italian dip packed with flavors of fresh garlic and herbs. It is usually made with finely chopped garlic and herbs that are beaten together with butter. And it is used to make garlic butter, infuse flavor to steak, chicken, seafood, or pasta.
Yes, you feel free to use a dash of lemon juice to achieve some zesty taste and flavor.
The recipe I have shared above works well for seafood or other recipes that call for garlic butter.
Yes, you can use this dish as a spread for bread or making garlic bread.
I hope you enjoyed the recipe that I have shared here and I would love to hear from you on how it turned out for you. Please let me know.
If you have any other questions, feel free to post them in the comment section below and I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.