Gulab Jamun is a milk solid dessert that is soaked in sugar syrup and widely used in Indian cuisine. And the following recipe recreates that as a simple cake. This cake is a juicy, melt in mouth dessert and it can be made as a festival sweet delicacy(or on a typical day) which spruce up the mood with its rich flavor. This gulab jamun mix cake is mild sweet suitable for kids to adults and the best part is that it needs only the basic ingredients to achieve a great taste.
- 2 cup Gulab jamun mix powder
- 1 cup Wheat flour
- ¼ cup Powdered Sugar
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ¼ tsp Baking powder
- ½ cup Warm milk
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- ¼ cup Oil
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Water
- 4 pod Cardamom
- Mixed nuts
To Prepare Gulab Jamun Cake
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a bowl add the sieved gulab jamun mix powder, wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, powdered sugar, 1 tsp of cardamom powder, and salt
- Now add oil, milk to the above mixture and combine them well without any lumps
To Bake The Cake
- Pour the batter into the greased cake tin and bake it for 25 to 30 minutes or the toothpick comes out clean when inserted
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool
- Now in a pan with medium heat, add cardamom pods, dissolve sugar in water for five minutes and simmer it until the syrup coats the back of the spoon
- Remove the syrup from the stove and let it cool down
- Now cut the cake slices and brush the sugar syrup over it
- Refrigerate it for at least an hour
- Garnish the cake with nuts and serve chill
Nutrition InformationYield 5 Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 611Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 23gCholesterol 12mgSodium 497mgCarbohydrates 84gFiber 2gSugar 58gProtein 8g
Disclaimer: Nutrition information comes from third-party apps and calculators. The information is purely an estimate and provided for information purposes only. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Frequently asked questions
A cake made with instant Gulab jamun flour along with other baking ingredients like sugar, baking soda, and oil.
Yes it is a eggless cake.
Enjoy the recipe and let us know how it turned out for you!
If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them in the comment section below and we will try to answer them as soon as possible.