Vegan minced meat is a recreation of a regular minced meat recipe in which the red meat is replaced with minced soy chunks which are a by-product of soybean and rich in protein. This dish is a flavorful combination of caramelized onion, ginger, garlic, and other spices that gives a similar taste of meat recipe without the meat and it can be prepared in a matter of minutes. And this can be served and enjoyed with plain/flavored rice, tortilla, chapati, or bread.
Please find similar recipes below. Visit Vegan Recipes for more.
Pan-Fried Tofu Chili
Vegan Shredded Chicken
Fried Tofu With Vegetables
To make your life easy, I have also created a collection Indian Vegetarian Lunch Recipes at one place and I believe it will help you to plan your meal, prepare and enjoy at home. Take a peek!
- 2 cup Soy chunks, minced
- ½ cup Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Curry powder
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt, as needed
- 1 cup Water
- ¼ tsp Jalapeno pepper, chopped
- ¼ tsp Spring onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Oil
To Soak Soy Chunks
- Soak soy chunks in hot water for about 15 minutes and squeeze the water from it. Grind it in a blender
To Prepare Vegan Minced Meat
- Add oil to the pan in medium heat
- Add cumin seeds, chopped onion and saute it until it is caramelized
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute it until the raw aroma leaves
- Now add the chili, coriander, curry, turmeric powder, and salt and saute it without burning the masala
- Splash some water on it and give it a stir
- Now add the minced soy chunks to the above mixture and combine everything well
- Stir the mixture on and off and make sure that the masala doesn’t burn
- Drizzle some water to it and close the lid
- Let it cook for 4 to 5 minutes and wait until it turns golden brown in color
- Now add some chopped spring onion, jalapeno pepper and switch off the stove
- Serve the vegan minced meat warm with rice or wrap it in a tortilla/chapati/roti
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 118Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 0mgSodium 255mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 1g
Disclaimer: Nutrition information comes from third-party apps and calculators. The information is purely an estimate and provided for information purposes only. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Frequently asked questions
Vegan meat is a fack or mock meat analogue which mimics the animal based products in its texture, flavor and appearance. Usually vegan meat is made of plant based by products like soy, wheat gluten and other textured vegetable proteins.
Enjoy the recipe and let us know how it turned out for you!
If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them in the comment section below and we will try to answer them as soon as possible.