Middle eastern chicken rice is an aroma filled one-pot dish. This dish is authentic to Middle Eastern countries. This is a mildly spiced food that satisfies anyone's craving for chicken and flavored rice in a simple and easy way for your lunch and dinner.
Middle Eastern Chicken And Rice
- 1.1 lb Chicken, cut and cleaned
- 1½ cup Basmati rice
- 2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- ½ cup Yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 4 Cloves
- 4 Green cardamom
- 4 Dry red chili
- 3 Cardamom
- ¼ cup Cooking oil
- 3 cups Water
To Prepare Middle Eastern Chicken Rice
- Grind the above ingredients for grinding into dry powder
- Marinate the chicken pieces with the dry powder, chili powder, coriander powder, 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste, and salt to taste, keep it aside for 15 to 20 minutes
- Wash and soak the basmati rice for 15 minutes
- In a wide bottom, pan add cooking oil of your choice and fry the marinated chicken until brown on medium flame and reserve it for later
- With the remaining oil in the pan, add cumin, cardamom, bay leaves, onion and toss until the onions are translucent
- Add 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste, remaining dry powder, turmeric and toss until the raw aroma leaves
- Now add the soaked basmati rice, give it a stir and add 3 cups of water, salt to taste
- Nestle the fried chicken pieces into the rice, lid the pan and cook it for 20 to 30 minutes on low medium flame until the rice is cooked and fluffy
- Sprinkle fried cashews and golden raisins
- Serve it with yogurt-cucumber mix
Frequently asked questions
It is a mild spiced one-pot chicken rice dish in which the marinated chicken is cooked along with flavored rice and garnished with lots of nuts.
Basmati rice is the best choice for this recipe. But it can also be replaced with jasmine rice.
Enjoy the recipe and let us know how it turned out for you!
If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them in the comment section below and we will try to answer them as soon as possible.