Spicy tofu chili is a protein-rich and flavorful recipe that makes wonders to the mild taste of tofu with all its seasoning. This spice-filled recipe is a great alternative for meat and will go as a side dish with fried/jeera/plain rice or just as a starter.
Please find the similar recipes below. Visit Vegan recipes for more.
Vegan Shredded Chicken Fry
Fried Tofu with Vegetables
To make your life easy, I have also created a collection of Indo-Chinese Recipes at one place and I believe it will help you to plan and enjoy your meal at home. Take a peek!
- 400 gm Firm Tofu
- ½ cup Onion, diced
- ½ cup Bell pepper, a mix of green, yellow and red
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Ginger powder
- 1½ tsp Soy sauce
- 3 tsp Chili paste
- 1 tsp Corn starch
- 6 pod Garlic pods, diced
- 2 tsp All-purpose flour
- Salt, as needed
- ½ tsp Spring onion, chopped
- White sesame seeds, to garnish
To Prepare Tofu Chili
- Drain the tofu then wrap in a clean paper towel to let all the water from the tofu to drain out
- Tear the tofu into bite-size pieces
- In a bowl, add corn starch, all-purpose flour, salt, chili, ginger, garlic powder, and water to make a thick marinade
- Coat the marinade thoroughly on tofu pieces and set aside for 15 to 20 minutes
- Now in a pan, add oil and fry the marinated tofu pieces to light golden brown (don’t deep fry) in medium heat and keep it aside
- In the same pan add 3 tsp oil, add onion, garlic and saute it with high medium heat
- Now add the mixed bell peppers and give a nice stir and then add soy sauce and chili paste
- Toss them well and add the fried tofu pieces into it
- Incorporate it in high medium heat, add the salt if needed
- Add chopped spring onions, garnish with white sesame seeds and remove from pan
- Serve warm with fried/jeera rice or just as a starter
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 410Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1010mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 6gSugar 10gProtein 25g
Disclaimer: Nutrition information comes from third-party apps and calculators. The information is purely an estimate and provided for information purposes only. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Frequently asked questions
Tofu chili is a popular Asian dish in which the marinated tofu is pan fried in oil and then stirred along with soy sauce and hot sauce in high heat.
Yes it is a vegan friendly dish.
Enjoy the recipe and let us know how it turned out for you!
If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them in the comment section below and we will try to answer them as soon as possible.
More recipe: Instant Vegetable Maggi Noodles