Fried tofu with vegetables is a quick side dish that is easy to make and it is fully loaded with protein and fiber. The vegetables and tofu are tossed with spicy garlic and chili sauce and seasoned with peanut powder for crunchiness. This healthy and nutritious dish is so simple to prepare in a few minutes and the ingredients required are very minimal and can be served as a perfect appetizer or side dish for any meal.
- 10 pieces Extra firm tofu, bite sized pieces
- 1 cup Green beans , cut long
- ½ cup Carrots , julienne cut
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- 2 tsp Chili sauce
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Peanut powder
- Salt, as needed
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- ½ tsp Chili powder
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- Salt, as needed
To Prepare Garlic Green Bean with Fried Tofu And Carrots
- In a bowl, mix all-purpose flour with chili, onion, garlic powder, and salt
- Now coat the above powder mix to the drained and cut tofu and keep it aside for 10 minutes
- In a wide bottom pan with medium heat, add oil and fry the marinated tofu on both sides to golden color
- Remove the fried tofu from the pan and keep it aside
- With the remaining oil in the pan, add minced garlic and saute until it turns crisp
- Now add the cut green beans, salt, and water and combine everything well
- Close the pan with the lid and wait for the beans to cook for 75%
- Now open the lid from the pan and add carrots to the beans mixture and incorporate it in high heat
- Add soy and chili sauce to the beans carrot mix and saute it continuously
- Now add the fried tofu and continue tossing it for 3 to 5 minutes
- Finally, add peanut and garlic powder to the above mix and give a nice stir
- Switch off the stove and remove the stirred mixture from the pan
- Serve the hot garlic beans with fried tofu and carrots with white/fried rice or as a side dish
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 377Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 28gCholesterol 0mgSodium 856mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 5gSugar 5gProtein 8g
Disclaimer: Nutrition information comes from third-party apps and calculators. The information is purely an estimate and provided for information purposes only. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Frequently asked questions
It is a bean curd made from soy milk which is pressed into cubes. It can be silken, firm or extra firm in their texture.
Yes, it is a vegan friendly dish.
Enjoy the recipe and let us know how it turned out for you!
If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them in the comment section below and we will try to answer them as soon as possible.