Garlic Chili chicken is a popular Indo-Chinese dish of Hakka Chinese heritage. This dish comes in several variations with differences in spices and seasoning, as well as its sauce and dry variants with differences in their quantity of sauce or gravy. This spicy garlic chili chicken is one of the easiest dishes even beginners can make at home.
About this garlic chili chicken recipe
The recipe given below is a dry version of chili chicken in which the chicken is juicy and succulent and the flavor released from the caramelized onion, garlic, and cumin seeds make this dish special and appetizing. This spicy garlic chili chicken can be served with plain rice/fried rice or as a starter.
Please find similar recipes below. Visit Chicken Recipes for more.
Indo-Chinese Chicken Manchurian
Arabian Chicken Mandi
Moroccan Harissa Chicken
Looking for different chicken recipes to cook for your next meal or a party? Then you could also check this collection of Indian Chicken Dry and Semi Gravy Recipes to enjoy with your family and loved ones.
- 1 kg Chicken
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp All purpose flour, maida
- 1 tsp Rice flour
- 1 tsp Cornflour
- Salt, as needed
- 1 cup Yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 5 Green chili
- 9 pods Garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Chili sauce
- ½ tsp Soy sauce
- Oil, for frying
- In a bowl, marinate the cleaned chicken pieces with the ingredients listed in the marination section above and keep it aside for at least 15 to 20 minutes
To Fry The Chicken
- Now in a pan with medium heat, add oil and deep fry the marinated chicken pieces until it turns golden brown in color
- Remove the fried chicken pieces from the pan and keep it aside
- Now in the same pan with the remaining oil(remove some oil if it’s excess), add cumin seeds, onions, garlic pods, green chilies, and salt and saute it in high heat for about 3 minutes
- Now add the fried chicken pieces into the above mixture and combine everything well
- Add chili and soy sauce and give it a nice stir
- Garnish with cilantro/coriander leaves and remove the chicken mixture from the heat
- Serve the spicy garlic chili chicken with plain rice/fried rice or as a starter/appetizer
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 657Total Fat 37gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 24gCholesterol 235mgSodium 572mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 2gSugar 6gProtein 63g
Disclaimer: Nutrition information comes from third-party apps and calculators. The information is purely an estimate and provided for information purposes only. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Frequently asked questions
Chili chicken or chicken chili is a dry Indo- Chinese chicken dish. The marinated chicken is deep-fried and stirred along with Chinese sauces. It is a popular dish in Asian continents.
Yes, garlic cloves can be replaced with garlic powder. But fresh garlic cloves give the best taste when compared to powder.
Enjoy the recipe and let us know how it turned out for you!
If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them in the comment section below and we will try to answer them as soon as possible.
More recipe: Vegetable Masala Maggi Noodles