Veggie masala pasta is a tasty, delicious, and easy one-pot Indian dish prepared with available ingredients. This pasta recipe is one of the most loved dishes by kids and even adults. This vegetable/veggie masala pasta is widely sold by street vendors and restaurants in India. Veggie masala pasta is a good source of including vegetables for kids and it is a perfect recipe for lunch boxes, evening snacks, or after-school snacks for kids.
Pasta is an Italian food made from unleavened dough mixed with water and eggs, dried then boiled or baked. There are different varieties in pasta based on their size like macaroni, rotini, penne, farfalle, gnocchi, vermicelli, spaghetti, and so on.
Pasta in tomato sauce
Alfredo chicken pasta
Lemon shrimp pasta
One-pot chicken parmesan pasta
Pasta with spinach
These are a few types of pasta recipes, but there are a lot more variations that can be made with this single main food. These pasta recipes are perfect for lunch, dinner, and after school snack.
Indian Vegetable Masala Pasta video instructions
I have also shared a detailed video instruction of this recipe below which I believe will help you to make this delicious dish easily at home. For a quick reference, you could also find the Indian Vegetable Masala Pasta recipe in story format.
About Masala Pasta recipe
The recipe given here is a simple yet tasty and healthy pasta dish loaded with vegetables. The chili and garam masala powder added here gives a perfect touch of Indian style. Vegetables like carrots, capsicum, green peas, french beans works best for this recipe. This vegetable masala pasta is a spicy, creamy, and quick dish that can be served for lunch, dinner, and snacks.
- 1½ cup Rotini Pasta, or any pasta
- ¼ cup Onion, chopped
- 4 cup Water
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic, chopped
- 2 Green chili, chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup Capsicum, chopped
- ¼ cup Carrot, chopped
- ¼ cup Tomato, Pureed
- 1 tsp Chili paste
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- ¼ cup Oil
- 2 tsp Salt
To Cook Pasta
- In a wide bottom pan with medium heat, add water, oil, and salt
- When water starts to bubble add Pasta to it
- Cook the pasta for approximately 10 minutes
- Drain the pasta and keep it aside for later use
To Prepare Veggie Masala Pasta
- In a pan with medium heat, add oil, ginger-garlic, and saute until it turns fragrant
- Add onion, green chili and stir until the onion turns soft
- Add capsicum, carrots, salt and mix well
- Add chili and garam masala powder and mix everything well
- Add tomato puree, give it a nice mix
- Close the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Open the lid and stir it and then add chili paste and mix well
- Add the cooked pasta and give it a nice toss until all the masala coat evenly
- Garnish with coriander leaves and switch off the heat
- Serve the warm Pasta with ketchup or as it is
- We used chili paste in this recipe, you can also include ketchup and/or soy sauce for extra flavor
- Canola oil used here can also be replaced with butter, olive, and other cooking oil of your choice
- Rotini pasta can also be replaced with any other variety of pasta available for you
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 373Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1703mgCarbohydrates 42gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 4gSugar 6gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 8g
Disclaimer: Nutrition information comes from third-party apps and calculators. The information is purely an estimate and provided for information purposes only. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Enjoy the recipe and let us know your feedback in the comment section below!
More recipe: Pineapple Smoothie