Doodh peda or Milk peda is a delicious and exotic Indian sweet dessert prepared from solidified milk and paneer. It is widely prepared in all the parts of Indian regions. This sweet is one of the easiest dishes that can be prepared in under 30 minutes. And it can be served for special occasions, festivals or on a regular day.
About this Doodh Peda
Here in the recipe given below, I have used milk and milk powder as the main ingredients and cocoa powder to make the chocolate version. This milk and chocolate peda is a rich, delectable and flavorsome dessert that can be nibbled over and over again.
Please find similar recipes below. Visit Sweet Recipes for more.
Doodh Peda Recipe video
I have shared the video instructions for this sweet for you to prepare and enjoy at home. I believe it will help you to make this sweet easily at home. For a quick reference, you could also find this recipe story format.
- ¾ cup Whole milk
- 1½ cup Milk powder
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Pistachio, to garnish
Preparation of Dhoodh Peda
- In a pan pour the milk and add sugar, cardamom powder, milk powder, and dilute everything without forming any lumps
- Switch on the stove and allow the above mixture to boil in low medium heat and stir it continuously until the mixture thickens
- Now add the ghee and continue stirring until the mixture stops sticking to the pan
- Continue to do so until the mixture holds shape
- Now remove the mixture from the pan and transfer it to the bowl. Separate the mixture into two parts, one for regular milk peda and the other for chocolate peda (Add 2 tsp of cocoa powder to milk mixture and mix well and keep it aside for chocolate peda)
- Now divide the milk mixture into small ball size and roll each ball into perfect shape with the hands and press in the middle (Repeat the same process for the chocolate mixture as well)
- Garnish the milk peda and chocolate peda with chopped pistachio
- Enjoy the milk peda and chocolate peda immediately or store it in the refrigerator to enjoy for up to 1 week
- For chocolate peda add 2 tsp of cocoa powder to one part of the milk mixture and mix well and keep it aside
Serving Size:2 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 40mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g
Disclaimer: Nutrition information comes from third-party apps and calculators. The information is purely an estimate and provided for information purposes only. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Doodh Peda is a popular Indian sweet made with milk, sugar, and flavored with cardamom powder. Traditional peda is made by evaporating milk to obtain Kova or mava and then sweetened or flavored to get the perfect peda.
Peda is traditionally a milk sweet. It can be made with milk products like milk powder, condensed milk, store-bought Kova, mawa, and paneer.
Enjoy the recipe and let us know how it turned out for you!
If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them in the comment section below and we will try to answer them as soon as possible.