Roasted Green Beans is a crispy, crunchy, and healthy dish. It is prepared with fresh young green beans, garlic powder, spices, Parmesan cheese, and Italian herbs. The recipe I have shared here explains how to make Roasted Green Beans in Oven with easy step-by-step instructions for you to try and enjoy at home.
What are Roasted Green Beans?
Roasted Green Beans is a crisp-tender and healthy Italian side dish filled with flavors of Parmesan, garlic, Italian herbs, and spices. It is one of the easy-to-make dishes that require only under 30 minutes to cook.
The seasonings that you will require to roast the veggie are customizable, so you can add what you love. The version shared below is our favorite way of roasting Green Beans with garlicky and cheesy flavor.
Even though I have used olive oil here you can use your preferred fat like butter or other cooking oils to achieve a different taste and flavor. And this dish tastes great with most of your mains, chicken, or seafood and is perfect to serve for lunch and dinner on a busy weeknight or for a relaxing weekend.
The ingredients you will need to make these Roasted Green Beans are minimal and they should be easily available in most grocery stores. around. So let's see what are they below.
- Green Beans - I have used fresh tender green beans here but you can also feel free to use frozen green beans. But he frozen ones take little more time to cook when compared to fresh beans
- Garlic Powder - It gives a fresh and garlicky flavor to your veggie and you can also use freshly minced garlic instead of powder
- Olive Oil - Helps to mix all the ingredientsto coat on the veggie and a good source of healthy fat
- Chili Flakes and Black Pepper - I have used both chili flakes and balck pepper powder for the heat but you can feel free to adjust the heat according to your preferences
- Italian Herbs - Mixed Italian herbs gives a fresh aroma, taste and flavor to the veggie
- Parmesan Cheese - Adding Parmesan cheese gives a nice crunchy outer texture to the green beans
How to make Roasted Green Beans?
The recipe I have shared here is a perfect crunchy crisp-tender Roasted Green Beans that requires only under 30 minutes to make this dish. I have also used Parmesan Cheese for extra crispiness along with other basic seasoning ingredients.
Following are the high-level instructions to make this recipe but for detailed step-by-step instructions with photo and video, please check out the recipe card below.
- Trim the Green Beans - Trim the fresh green beans ends and wash them throughly in cold running water. Pat them dry with kitchen towel or cotton soft cloth
- Season the Green Beans - Now in a bowl, add the green beans, olive oil, garlic powder, italian herbs, chili flakes, pepper powder, salt, parmesan cheese and mix well
- Transfer to Baking Sheet - Transfer the seasoned Green beans to the oil greased baking sheet. Make sure to arrange them in single layers without over crowding them
- Bake - Now bake the seasoned Green Beans in a preheated oven at 400 degrees Farenheit for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the beans turns crispy and you see a golden spots on the cheese
- Remove and Serve - Remove the Roasted green Beans from the oven and it is ready for you to taste and enjoy. Serve this veggie as a side dish or as a entree to your meal
- For Best Taste and Flavor - I have used garlic powder, olive oil, parmesan cheese, chili flakes, pepper powder and Italian herbs which delivers a rich taste and flavor to the veggie. But you can also use garlic butter sauce, lemon juice for a different tatse and flavor
- Roasting Temperature - I have baked the green beans at 400 degrees Farenheit here which gives a perfect crisp tender veggie
- Other Veggies - You can also use other veggies like potatoes, carrots and simialr othersalong with green beans to make a one sheet meal
- Serving - Serve this healthy veggie dish as a entree or side dish for your meal
This roasted veggie tastes great only when served as soon as it is out from the oven. And I wouldn't recommend it for storing or delaying to enjoy this healthy dish.
You could also find similar recipes below and more at Roasted & Baked Recipes.
- Roasted Broccoli
- Roasted Cauliflower
- Oven Roasted Asparagus
- Roasted Carrots
- Roasted Chickpeas
- Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Baked Potato
- Oven Roasted Moroccan Chicken
Roasted Green Beans Recipe video
I have also shared a detailed video of this Roasted Green Beans Recipe below that I hope will help you to make a delicious side dish for your meal. And you could also find this recipe in story format.
Roasted Green Beans
- 1 lb Green Beans
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 tsp Italian Herbs
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Pepper Powder
- 2 tsp Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- Salt, as needed
To Make Roasted Green Beans
- Trim the fresh green beans ends and wash them thoroughly in cold running water. Pat them dry with a kitchen towel or cotton soft cloth
- Now in a bowl, add the green beans, olive oil, garlic powder, Italian herbs, chili flakes, pepper powder, salt, parmesan cheese and mix well
- Transfer the seasoned Green beans to the oil greased baking sheet. Make sure to arrange them in single layers without overcrowding them
- Now bake the seasoned Green Beans in a preheated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the beans turns crispy and you see golden spots on the cheese
- Remove the Roasted green Beans from the oven and it is ready for you to taste and enjoy
- For Best Taste and Flavor - I have used garlic powder, olive oil, parmesan cheese, chili flakes, pepper powder, and Italian herbs which delivers a rich taste and flavor to the veggie. But you can also use garlic butter sauce, lemon juice for a different taste and flavor
- Roasting Temperature - I have baked the green beans at 400 degrees Fahrenheit here which gives a perfect crisp-tender veggie
- Other Veggies - You can also use other veggies like potatoes, carrots, and similar others along with green beans to make a one-sheet meal
- Serving - Serve this healthy veggie dish as an entree or side dish for your meal
It is a crispy, crunchy, and healthy side dish packed with flavors of parmesan, Italian herbs, and spices. This Roasted Green Beans is easy to make one pan dish which can be served as a quick side dish or entree for your meal.
I have used Italian herbs, olive oil, chili flakes, pepper powder, and parmesan cheese as the seasoning mix but you can also try your favorite spices and herbs as per your preferences. For example, You can also add in some soy sauce, chili sauce, or similar sauce for some Asian flavors.
Yes, of course, you can make this dish in the air-fryer
You can add potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, zucchini, and even some nuts while roasting theGreen Beans.
Choosing the fresh tender green beans helps to avoid them turning tough after being roasted or baked. If you choose fibrous, hard, or matured pods then they would turn tough while cooking.
I hope you enjoyed the recipe that I have shared here and I would love to hear from you on how it turned out for you. Please let me know.
If you have any other questions, feel free to post them in the comment section below and I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.