Thai fish cake is a classic street food that is a perfect starter for any meal. This simple and easy to make recipe is a great alternative for takeouts which could be made in minutes when your tongue craves street/restaurant foods. And this can be served as a snack too.
Please find similar recipes below. Visit International and Seafood recipes for more.
Fish Stir Fry
Moroccan Harissa Chicken
Protein-Rich Veggie Tofu
If you are looking for more seafood recipes from fish to prawn and from side dishes to main dishes, you can take a look at this collection of Indian Seafood Recipes from this blog in one place. Take a peek!
- 5 fillet Fish, tilapia preferred, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- ½ tsp Coriander powder
- 1 Egg
- ¼ tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Lime juice
- 1 tsp Fish sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice flour
- 1 tsp Coriander leaves
- Salt, to taste
- 5 tbsp Oil
- Sweet chili sauce, mayo
- Lime wedges
To Prepare Thai Fish Cake
- In a blender, mince fish fillets and add red chili powder, ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, egg, black pepper powder, lime juice, fish sauce, coriander leaves, rice flour, and salt.
- Mix and incorporate everything well
- Shape the mixture into small circular patties
- In a frying pan with medium heat, add oil, put the fish patties and cook until it becomes golden brown on both the sides and remove it from the pan
- Serve the warm fish cake with sweet chili sauce/mayo and lime wedges
Nutrition InformationYield 7 Serving Size 2 cake
Amount Per Serving Calories 210Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 63mgSodium 232mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 17g
Disclaimer: Nutrition information comes from third-party apps and calculators. The information is purely an estimate and provided for information purposes only. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Frequently asked questions
Fish cake is a popular Asian street food recipe in which the minced fish is marinated with spices and herbs and then deep-fried to golden brown in color.
Fish fillets of Tilapia, Salmon, Halibut are some of the fishes that work well for making a fish cake.
Enjoy the recipe and let us know how it turned out for you!
If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them in the comment section below and we will try to answer them as soon as possible.