Vanilla cake is a moist, buttery, and mild sweet cake that is popular around the world. This cake can be baked in different shapes with loaf, square, circular, and in bundt pans. The ingredients given below delivers a fluffier, soft, and moist cake that makes any cake lovers to munch more and more. This buttery rich vanilla cake is perfect for tea time, breakfast or as an after school snack.
Vanilla Cake recipe video
Below I have shared the video instructions for sponge and fluffy Vanilla cake. And I believe this quick and easy steps will help you to prepare/make this dish at home. For a quick reference, you could also find this recipe in story format.
- 2 cup All purpose flour, maida, sieved
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Softened butter
- ⅔ cup Milk
- 2 Large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- 2 tsp Vanilla essence
- ¼ tsp Salt, optional
To Prepare Vanilla Butter Cake
- Start creaming the butter and sugar by whisking it until the mixture turns pale in color
- Now gradually add the beaten egg to it and blend them without curdling(if it curdles add a teaspoon of flour until the eggs are done)
- Add vanilla essence to the above butter mixture and incorporate them well
- Sieve the flour, salt, baking soda and, baking powder into the bowl and combine well
- Now add the milk in batches and whisk them to combine, make sure that the batter is not too thin
- Now pour the cake batter in a greased cake tin and bake it in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 35 to 40 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean when inserted
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool down completely
- Slice the cake into pieces
- Slice and serve the cake for tea time, breakfast, or as an after school snack
- The key to getting a perfect soft vanilla cake is to have all the ingredients at room temperature
- Do not melt the butter while creaming with sugar. Melted butter does not incorporate well with sugar to give an airy and fluffy cake
- The cake batter should not be too thin to achieve a soft cake
- Slice the cake once it is completely cool down to get perfect cake pieces
Nutrition InformationYield 5 Serving Size 1 piece
Amount Per Serving Calories 713Total Fat 40gSaturated Fat 24gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 175mgSodium 679mgCarbohydrates 80gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 1gSugar 40gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 9g
Disclaimer: Nutrition information comes from third-party apps and calculators. The information is purely an estimate and provided for information purposes only. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
The key to getting a perfect vanilla cake is to have all the ingredients at room temperature. Creaming the butter and sugar to the right consistency gives the ultimate fluffy and soft cake.
Yes, the cake can be baked even without an oven. Preheat your heavy bottom pan in medium heat for about 10 minutes and bake the cake for 30 to 40 minutes with a lid closed until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Pound cake is a type of cake traditionally made with a pound of each of four ingredients: flour, butter, eggs, and sugar. Pound cakes are generally baked in either a loaf pan or a Bundt mold while butter cake has a slightly different measurement (not in the same 1:1:1 ratio) but the ingredients are similar.
Enjoy the recipe and let us know how it turned out for you!
If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them in the comment section below and we will try to answer them as soon as possible.